Hi, loves! If you haven’t seen, I started a new series on my blog last week, you can read the first post here if you missed it! I’ve had lots more blog views and followers in the past few months, and it dawned on me that I talk about so many things assuming people know what or who I’m talking about. If you don’t know me IRL or haven’t been reading here very long, I thought it might be fun to share a few things about me. My first ever blog post – over a year ago now, what the actual heck!? – was actually a facts about me post. I hope I haven’t repeated anything (although I’m almost pretty sure I have, it’s so hard to think of facts about yourself, lol!)
1. I am so madly in love with my boyfriend. Matt is the best thing in my whole world, and I truly appreciate him more than I could ever physically explain. I’m so proud of him and he makes every day a thousand times better. He feels like home to me, and I’m so thankful we get to do life together. Also, I’m pretty sure everyone knows this because I talk about Matt in oh, I don’t know, EVERY post.
Sorry not sorry.
2. I really like hot sunny days but I love colder rainy days just a little bit more. Especially those days where we can stay snuggled up in bed in the morning, they’re the best! I think this is why Autumn is my favourite season, because there’s so many crisp, cool, rainy days. I also check the weather a ridiculous amount of times each day, I’m kind of obsessed with it.
3. I am SO particular about how grocery bags are packed. A while ago Matt tried to put crisps on the bottom and ever since then he’s not allowed to even touch the bags whilst I’m packing HAHA.
4. I might be shooting myself in the foot with this one, because (obviously) I’m not perfect either. If I’m reading anything – a book, an email, a blog post, even Twitter – I spot typos and grammatical errors instantly and it’s all I can focus on. Super pedantic, I know.
5. I’m obsessed with being cosy! If we’re in the house for any length of time I’m wearing comfy clothes (ideally sweat pants/leggings and a big sweater, with my UGG slippers #fashun) and will have a blanket draped over me no matter the weather. Matt spends half of his evenings pulling his limbs outside of said blankets, lol! I have our candles lit every single night no matter what the weather is and that is the ultimate cosy vibes.
6. I love love love flowers! The way they look, the way they smell, the way they make me feel; they’re just such a happy thing to me. Peonies are my favourite. I know when Matt and I buy our house next year I really want to have a pretty bouquet in the kitchen at all times, whether or not we do or not will be a different matter… Also something that I’m pretty sure only Matt knows about me is that if I could pick any dream job, I’d love to own a florists! It would have a cute creamy pink front, with a little turquoise bench outside and lots of fresh white flowers in the window everyday. Maybe one day!
7. My favourite things to splurge on that are ‘just for me’ are new makeup items I’m buying on recommendation (usually from a blog/YouTube video), perfumes and candles. I’ve cut my spending back so much, but you really do have to treat yourself now and then, and I’d rather buy any of these things over clothes!
8. I LOVE Chinese food. Literally I could have just eaten a huge meal, and if someone suggested getting a takeaway I wouldn’t be able to help myself saying yes! Matt and I’s regular order is chicken chow mein, salt and pepper chilli chicken, fried rice and pork in kubo sauce (sometimes just the kubo sauce). We just share everything and it’s so. dang. good.
9. Travelling is my favourite thing in the world, and of course, Matt is my favourite travel partner. We’ve got so many places on our bucket list, some of which we’ve already ticked off, and it’s forever growing. Our top three right now are Lisbon, Banff, and the Caribbean. Super varied, I know! We’re really hoping we get to visit Lisbon later this year, I really hope we can find a trip that works for us.
10. I adore being at the beach, and as soon as I smell the ocean air I just feel so calm and relaxed. BUT I’m also terrified of being in the sea, unless I can see right to the bottom!
11. Breakfast dates are my favourite kind of date, and I think it’s because I love the feeling of beginnings. When Matt and I go for breakfast dates it’s the start of our day together; we usually have fun plans for the rest of the day or we wing it (which any regular reader knows that means if we’re winging it, we’re heading to Costco). We don’t often get full days together – although we definitely do more now Matt’s working patterns have changed – but they’re still such a treat!
12. I do not deal well with change. I thrive on structure and I feel worried and panicked when things are out of ‘order’. It can cause me a lot of anxiety so to minimize that I try to plan things as much as possible. I’m very lucky that Matt is happy to go along with my planner ways, and I’m so grateful to him for that! Also, he’s the opposite of that and doesn’t plan anything, so in this instance he’s definitely the yin to my yang.
13. I’m addicted to Diet Coke, and I’ve kinda got some weird knock on effect that makes people around me love it too. It’s literally the best, I’d rather have it over any other pop!
14. I’ve watched Friends SO MANY TIMES. I’ve watched season one through ten all the way through four times, and if it’s ever on TV when we’re flicking through channels you can bet I’m gonna sit and watch that episode. And maybe the next one. It just makes me happy, and yes, it still makes me laugh so hard.
15. I’m obsessed with the stars, moon and all things space related. I really love learning about it, and looking up to a clear sky and seeing hundreds and thousands of stars makes my heart so happy. Matt and I have our own star in the Cetus constellation, which was a cute little Valentine’s gift for him last year.
16. When I was younger I begged and begged my mum and dad to buy me a see through purple phone a la Lizzie McGuire because I literally wanted to BE her. I got it, and my family still laugh about it now! I got a fringe cut (and called it bangs because that’s what she said, lol), I did all kinds of crazy weird crimping techniques with my hair, wore camis over t shirts and just thought she was the best thing on the planet. Why am I telling you this? I don’t really know 🙂
17. I grew up being kinda scared of dogs. My mum has always been a little worried being near them because she was bit by one when she was a child, and I think her worries passed on to me without her realising. I now LOVE dogs, and I can’t wait until Matt and I can get one, once we’re all set in our future house. We really want a ginger cockapoo called Storm!
18. I have *knocks on wood* never been stung by a bee or wasp and I’m SO terrified of them, in case it ever happens! I freak out when one comes near me, screaming and flapping like I’m about to be murdered. It scares me because if I am allergic I don’t know, and I just don’t want to be stung. It’s kind of a crazy fear. (But, I’m totally on board with the #savethebees movement…)
19. My claim to fame is meeting The Rock at a movie premiere in LA. ~so relatable~ HAHA I know that when my work colleagues read this they will laugh, it’s become a running joke because I mention it just about every chance I get. Like, once a week.
20. I am so crazy excitable about everything! I already talk very fast (I literally don’t know how to stop this. It’s bad, my Northern accent doesn’t help and when I meet new people I can see they’re trying to work out what I’m saying as I’m talking, lol). BUT when I’m excited about something, or have something to contribute to a conversation I panic and allofmywordscomeoutasone.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post, did you learn anything new? Do you still want to read here…? Please say yes, lol! Humour me and tell me three random facts about you in the comments, I want to know more about you, too!