Happy Sunday, loves!
As you may have seen from this post, I’ve had a bit of a tough few weeks so this months’ Gin with Gills post is going to be very light hearted and just for fun. Apologies it’s a little late, I just had so much content planned last month.
We’re finally into September and well into the final weeks of Summer! I’m sure you’re either one of two people at this point… either a) you are holding on to every last bit of the season and hoping for another heatwave to get that last wear out of your Birks, or b) you cannot wait for all things Autumnal and are already picking out your Halloween costume.
As if it needed saying, I fall into the latter category! I was talking with Matt the other evening about how damn excited I am for Autumn coming up, and he really just doesn’t get it. Men, eh!? I know there are a lot of people who would class Autumn as their favourite season, and it absolutely is mine! I thought I’d write a little list (my inner Monica is very excited) of all the things I’m looking forward to for the upcoming season…
- The leaves start to turn shades of yellow, orange and amber
- Pumpkin spice flavour everything
- ALL of the cosy nights in
- Buying a new coat (or two). I already have my eye on a few coats this year, and I cannot wait to treat myself
- Lush brings out their Halloween and Christmas ranges – the best ones!
- Wearing chunky knit jumpers with skinny jeans
- Drinking hot chocolate
- Wearing berry toned lipsticks
- More baths in the evenings
- It’s acceptable to be cold again. I am cold all of the time and people (my boyfriend) always make fun of me for it!
- Leopard print is all over the A/W high street – yay!
- Walking outside and feeling the crisp, cool air hit my face
- The dark nights are just so cosy
- Halloween – the perfect excuse to dress up and be silly
- More excuses to snuggle up with Matthew (as if I need an excuse, ha)
- Wearing a bobble hat and scarf
- Having cups of tea from the minute you wake up until the minute you go to sleep is not only normal again, but necessary
- Matt will finally wear his dressing gown again for longer than five minutes. Did I mention I love a cosy night in?
- Wearing oversized jumpers/cardigans
- More cosy nights in means Matt and I can start a new series on Netflix – I think we’re going to go for Power!
- The build up to Christmas begins
- Bonfire night, one of the best nights of the whole year. Last year Matt and I watched the display at our local beach and it was so cute, even if we couldn’t feel our fingers/toes afterwards
- I regress to being a toddler and suddenly I’m dragging a blanket around everywhere I move (well, inside the house)
- Autumn is the best season for fashion! I have already started buying Autumn pieces – a few jumpers and the cosiest, fluffiest pj bottoms – oops
- Wearing boots and fluffy socks
- Autumn weather – cool enough you need a coat but sunny with lots of blue sky
- Pumpkin/cinnamon/vanilla scented candles are my fave
- It is the season of sparklers and fireworks
- Watching Hocus Pocus at least once per week is acceptable. Matt literally hates this film, but he loves me so…
- Most of the food packaging has ghosts, ghouls and monsters all over it in the build up to Halloween
- Pumpkin carving is fun whether you’re 4 or 24
- Soup and a bread roll is an acceptable lunch/dinner for the foreseeable future
- Burning scented candles all day/all night is just part of the ~cosy vibes~
- The urge to spend chilly Saturday mornings baking delicious cakes/cookies/banana bread etc
- It’s the best time of the year to go to football matches with my boy
- Planning weekends away – everything is better in the Autumn
- Rainy days are a regular occurrence
- Conkers. The 10 year old in me will always love seeing conkers lying on the ground and you can bet I’m going to pick them up and peel them
- The smell of fires burning in our favourite Sunday afternoon pubs
- I can finally start getting dark colours for my gel manicures
- Halloween themed sweets are just better than regular sweets
Thank you so much for reading! I’m sure there are loads more fun things to look forward to; I’d love to know how you feel about the upcoming season? Are you wishing the end of Summer away as much as I am? (I realise this is probably unhealthy and is definitely not living in the moment, but I have no shame, it’s the best time of the year)!